José A. Navarro
FollowingUnfollow


0 875      

Contact information and description


Telephone:
Fax:
Mobile phone:
,
Granada, Granada, España
Website:

The Royal Chapel of Granada houses the tomb of the Catholic Monarchs. D ª Isabel of Castile and D. Fernando of Aragon, decided on September 13, 1504 that his remains were placed in Granada, therefore, created the Royal Chapel. The Royal Chapel of Granada was built in Gothic style between 1505 and 1517 and is dedicated to John the Baptist and John the evangelist.
In front of the Royal Chapel we can see a building decorated with pictures of brown, it is the old Madrasa (Koranic University), originally built in the twelfth century, which was next to the Grand Mosque of Granada. After the reconquest of the city by the Catholic Monarchs, the building was converted into city hall. Today belongs to the University of Granada.